The scheme shows the impact of the coronavirus / COVID-19 crisis on the production of motor vehicles for each of the 27 EU member states plus the UK.
Production impact, by country
Status on: 04/05/2020
- EU-wide production losses due to factory shutdowns amount to at least 2,317,369 motor vehicles so far.
- This figure includes passenger cars, trucks, vans, buses and coaches.
- The average shutdown duration is 29 working days at the moment.
- Production losses are obviously set to increase if shutdowns are extended or additional plants are brought to a halt.
- This is by far the most comprehensive EU-wide overview currently available, combining all known information and available sources.
- The data is aggregated by ACEA and updated on a weekly basis using multiple sources, including IHS Markit, MarkLines, national automobile manufacturers’ associations and (public) announcements by manufacturers.
- Nevertheless, it is important to stress that ACEA fully acknowledges that this overview is non-exhaustive, it merely serves as a tool to show the EU-wide impact of the crisis.
|Production lost||Downtime (working days)|
|TOTAL (EU + UK)||2,317,369||29|
Source:ACEA – European Automobile Manufacturers Association
Created with LocalFocus